Imagine setting your feet on a soft and furry surface as soon as you’re back home after having a tiresome day work. Sounds relaxing, doesn’t it? But most of us they are hard to maintain and clean. Not so much I’d say. Let’s see how!
The benefits derived from a carpet any day are manifold: which other sort of floor covering would provide sound insulation, energy savings and underfoot comfort? So don’t let yourself be of devoid carpets. Here are the secret tips for you to remove any kind of stain from your beloved carpet.
Keeping the carpet clean
It’s always better to keep the carpet clean on a regular basis. Sweep your carpet with a broom or a carpet brush to lift the fibers and remove loose dirt. Vacuum the entire carpet.Frequent vacuuming is the only way to keep grit from becoming embedded. Having a vacuum that’s easy to use is crucial. A thorough vacuuming once every two weeks is recommended.
Ketchup, chocolate, coffee, tea, milk, tomato sauce, berries, hard candy, juice, soda
- Mix your own spot-cleaning solution by diluting a few drops of clear hand-dishwashing soap in water. (Laundry detergent is too alkaline, and creamy-looking hand-dishwashing soaps may leave a sticky residue.)
- Dip a white cloth (with no printing) into this spot-cleaning solution and dab repeatedly, rubbing too hard will damage the fiber of the carpet. Press the cloth on the spot for a few seconds. Wait 15 minutes (it takes time to break down the stain), then soak up the excess liquid with a dry white cloth.
- Another secret is to mix white white vinegar with equal parts water for removing stains. Dip a cloth into the vinegar solution and dab repeatedly, then press the cloth on the spot for a few seconds. Wait another 15 minutes. (This is an important step, because white vinegar removes residual detergent, which will attract dirt if left in the carpet.)
- Rinse by blotting with a cloth soaked in lukewarm water.
- Wait one hour or until the carpet dries completely.
Removing bad odor
Baking Soda is an excellent agent to remove that bad smell from your carpets. Sprinkle the soda over the entire carpet. Wait for about an hour and then vacuum the carpet. This should remove odor, light stains and dirt that normal vacuuming misses.[/vc_column][/vc_row]