A hot cup of chai is a winter favorite. And if there is a cookie to dip in it then its heavenly! Try this healthy ginger cookie recipe, its ginger flavor perfectly compliments chai and is really easy to bake!
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Sift together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then add the brown sugar and water. Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture. Shape dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate the cookie mix for about 30-45 minutes to make the rolls. It would provide firmness to the mix and make it easier.
- If you like the cookies to be extra sweet then put the mix balls on small granulated sugar and flatten.
- These cookies remain soft for days and taste better each day! So just store them in any air-tight container and enjoy dipping in a hot cup of chai each evening 🙂
So do try this recipe and upload the pictures of your creations in the comments below! Happy baking! 🙂