Carrot Halwa is definitely one of the best things about winter 🙂 We all love it! Here is another amazingly delicious and healthy carrot dish you can try this season- Carrot Cake
3/4 cup vegetable oil ( use 1/4 cup oil and 1 cup applesauce for healthier option)
2 cups white sugar (I prefer 1 cup white sugar and 1 cup brown sugar)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, white sugar(and brown sugar if you are using that) and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make Frosting: In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Slice the cake in two or three layers and add frosting.
- Refrigerate to let the frosting to set.
- If you want to make a layered cake then it’s always better to make the different layers in different pans. For two layers equally divide the mixture into two 9*13 inch pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Use only 1 to 1/2 cups sugar, I find it adequate. It depends on individual taste but you can check the mix before baking and add more sugar if needed.
So do try this recipe and upload the pictures of your creations in the comments below! Happy baking! 🙂