A rich soft Chocolate Cake is something you can never go wrong with! Welcome this New Year with a delightful surprise for your loved ones by baking this super easy and super delicious chocolate cake which is our all-time favorite!
For 2 9-inch round cake layers
- 2 cups white sugar
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer or if you are mixing manually then mix till it forms a consistent paste with no lumps. Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick (insert a toothpick or fork in the centre of the cake and if comes out clean then your cake is done). Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If you want to make a layered cake then it’s always better to make the different layers in different pans. For two layers equally divide the mixture into two 9*13 inch pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. If baking in only one pan then bake for 40 -45 minutes (perform toothpick test to check if done)
- Add a small cup of unsweetened apple sauce and reduce the amount the amount of vegetable oil to only 1/2 cup for a healthier cake!
- After adding boiling water this cake batter will be a bit thinner than average cake batter, don’t panic it’ll turn out to be best cake you ever baked! Trust me! 🙂
This cake tastes best when left in the fridge for a day, so bake a day in advance and it will be divine! Do try this recipe and upload the pictures of your creations in the comments below! Happy baking! 🙂